2005/11/02

Minäminä!

Purly Whites tagged me with this fun meme, and I'm happy to answer it. Thanks Purly!

What is your all time favourite yarn to knit with?
I've been knitting for a long time, but I've knitted with really nice yarns only a couple of years now. So my experience is still quite limited. I like tweedy, a bit rough yarns, like Rowan's Felted Tweed; it creates such a lovely texture and feels lovely on.

Your favourite needles?
Addis have changed the way I knit. I was a very tight knitter, and suffered regularly from shoulder pains. With Addis my knitting is more relaxed, and it's easier to get the gauge with suggested needles. Knitting with straight needles seems almost impossible now.

The worst thing you've ever knit?
Oh, I've got plenty of those! Luckily they are all long gone now. :-D Maybe the worst thing was an unbelievably uncomfortable and heavy cardigan knitted with chenille yarn. I made a solemn vow not to knit anything with chenille ever again.

Your most favourite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it...but it was the most fun to knit)

duffeli pöydällä

Onni's felted Duffel Coat was a fun knit! Felting is a bit nerve-racking, but this time I was really happy with the result. Sandnes Fritidsgarn felts beautifully; it's soft and the felted fabric looks just like a real duffel coat. And the coat looks so cute on Onni. :-)

Most valuable knitting technique?
Finishing; blocking and seaming. I've ruined many sweaters with careless finishing, not going to do that anymore.

Best knit book or magazine?
I think I could qualify as a Rowanette. I *love* Rowan Magazines.

Your favourite knit-a-long?
I've only participated two, Lolly's Socktoberfest and our own little Duffel Coat Knit-a-long (I am the hostess for this one), and I've enjoyed both. I don't think I'm gonna host another knit-a-long though, because I've been a pretty bad hostess – I've neglected my knit-a-longers for months now. I promise you a duffel-update, soon!

Your favourite knitblogs?
Like Purly, I value good photos and good layout, and gorgeous knitting of course! There are so many lovely blogs out there. I have about 80 blogs in Bloglines, and about 40 Finnish knitting blogs in Blogilista – and these are all blogs I find entertaining. However, I've got a special place in my heart for Strikker and Joyousknits.

Your favourite knitwear designer?
Kim Hargreaves, Erika Knight, Veronik Avery – I can't just name one. Kim for designing such wearable and stylish knits, Erika for her gorgeous books and Veronik, because I just love her style –I haven't knitted anything from her, but I like the way her designs are so carefully detailed and elegant.

The knit item you wear the most? (how about a picture of it!)

birch

Birch, without doubt. I love this shawl, and have been thinking of making another, this time with Kidsilk Haze. Mine is knitted with Felted Tweed (maybe that's why I love it so). This photo also happens to be the first one I posted in my blog. Very convenient. :-)


Susanna, Kati, Nanna, Outi and Sirpa, consider yourselves tagged! No obligations though. :-)