2006/02/18

The good, the bad, and the ugly* (and the buttons)

The Big Blue Sweater

The Big Blue Sweater
Pattern source: Moda 1/2005
Yarn: Novita Maxi Mohair
Needles: 6 and 7 mm


Hyvät: Iso sininen pusero on valmis. Se on erittäin lämmin. Aion vielä testata sitä ääriolosuhteissa, eli päivän pilkkireissulla isän kanssa.

The good: The Big Blue is finished. It is very, very warm. I think that it might even pass the ultimate weather test, an ice-fishing trip with my father.

Pahat: Pusero on erittäin lämmin, sitä on täysin mahdoton pitää sisätiloissa. Kuvaussessio oli jo viedä hengen. Lisäksi pusero on sininen! Miksi oi miksi teen sinisiä neuleita, kun en ollenkaan pidä sinisestä? Se ei sovi minulle! En ymmärrä itseäni.

The bad: The sweater is very, very warm. It’s impossible to wear it indoors, the photo session almost killed me. And the sweater is blue! Why oh why do I knit blue things? I don’t particularly like blue, it makes my face look really pale. I’m confused by my own actions.

Rumat: Pusero näyttää ylläni lähinnä perunasäkiltä. Se on iso ja muodoton.

The ugly: The sweater fits like a potato sack. No waist shaping, that’s why.

napit1

Napit: Tummanruskeita puunappeja ei löytynyt. Kristel lähetti minulle ystävällisesti kauniit napit, mutta ne olivat liian pienet. Muutoinhan ne olisivat tietenkin olleet juuri sopivan väriset ja muotoiset. En silti usko, että täydellisimmätkään napit olisivat pelastaneet tätä neuletta.

The buttons: I couldn’t find dark brown wooden buttons. Kristel most kindly sent me some beautiful buttons, but unfortunately they were too small. Otherwise they would have been just what I was looking for, of course. But I don’t think that even the most perfect buttons would have made me like this sweater.

Se siitä! Eteenpäin! MJ halusi nähdä langanjuoksuni, joten tässäpä ne ovat:

So, that’s it! Forward! MJ asked to see my floats. Here they are:

langanjuoksut

*Clint Eastwood on mielestäni komein koskaan tällä planeetalla elänyt mies. Hänen takiaan voisin jopa kutoa pontson.

*Clint Eastwood is the most handsome man that has ever lived on this planet. He could even be a reason enough for me to knit a poncho.