2006/06/05

Big-headed pirate

We Call Them Pirates

We Call Them Pirates
Pattern source: Hello Yarn
Yarn: Schoeller Stahl Limbo (and some cotton yarn from stash for the lining)
Needles: 2,5 and 3,25 mm


Ihana merirosvomyssyni on valmis. Siitä tuli oikein hieno, vaikka itse sanonkin. Malli on kerrassaan loistava, näitä pitää ehdottomasti tehdä lisää. Jopa mieheni, joka on aivan liian kuumaverinen käsinneulotuille tuotteille, sanoi voivansa harkita haluavansa piraattipipon.

My lovely pirate hat is finished. I'm so very proud – I think it looks gorgeous, if I may say so. The pattern is great, and I'm definately going to make more of these. Even my husband, for whom it's never ever cold enough to wear anything handknitted, said he might like one.

wctp vuori

Olen jotenkin aivan innoissani tästä vuoresta, se tekee myssystä niin viimeistellyn näköisen. Ja puuvillaisena se myös tuntuu mukavalta otsaa vasten. Täydellistä.

Joten enää on jäljellä yksi kysymys: tarkistinko huolellisesti neuletiheyden ennen työhön ryhtymistä?

This is my favourite part. The lining really makes the hat look professional, and it feels good too, because it's knitted with cotton. Perfection.

So now there's just one question remaining: did I take time to carefully check the gauge?


onni merirosvo2

Tietenkään en! Se olisi ollut hyvin epämerirosvomaista toimintaa. Joten nyt on sitten Onnilla mukava pipo ensi talven tuiskuihin.

Hell no! No self-respecting pirate would do that. Lucky Onni, he is now the happy owner of one very stylish beanie.