2006/08/02

Love is in the air

logcabin4

Log Cabin Baby Blanket of Happy Colours
Pattern source: How to Log Cabin from Mason Dixon Knitting / Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne
Yarn: Rowan Handknit Cotton
Needles: 4 mm


Uusi peittoni on ihana! Värit ovat ihanat ja lanka on ihanaa, ja mökkitilkkujen kutominen se vasta ihanaa onkin! Erityisen ihana -maininnan saavat myös rouvat Mason ja Dixon tämän mainion tekniikan esittelemisestä. Mutta ihanaa oli myös saada peitto valmiiksi. Olen enemmän kuin valmis siirtymään seuraavien neulehaasteiden pariin.

I love my new blanket! I love the colours and I love the yarn, and I absolutely love log cabining! I love ladies Mason and Dixon too, for writing about this superb technique. But I also love the fact that this is done and I can move on.

logcabin2

Huomasitteko, etten sitten tehnyt minkäänlaista reunusta? Kay kommentoi peitontekelettäni jossain vaiheessa sanomalla, että modernit tilkkupeitot ovat usein reunuksettomia, ja hänestä kauniita juuri niin, joten päätin olla ihan samaa mieltä. Olen ehdottomasti moderni tilkkuilija! Kiitos Kay! Ja kiitos kaikille muillekin mielipiteensä ilmaisseille!

Did you notice that there's no border? After Kay (yes, the Log Cabin Lady herself) left a comment saying "…Border or no border it's great. Right now I'm in a no-border state of mind. The modern quilts don't have borders and I like the way they look" I was convinced that a) I'm a modern quilter and b) no-border state of mind is really my state of mind too. Thanks Kay! And thank you for all of you who commented!