2007/03/02

Flùir na h-Alba

Highland Schottische Kilt Hose

Highland Schottische Kilt Hose
Pattern source: Folk Socks / Nancy Bush
Yarn: Regia Silk, 3 x 50 g
Needles: 2,5 mm

Highland Schottische Kilt Hose

Minulla on täydellisen ihanat uudet sukat. Tällä kertaa en keksi mitään purnattavaa, ihmeellistä!

Happy, happy, happy! I love my new socks! I don't think I've ever been this happy with anything I've knit before.

Highland Schottische Kilt Hose

Ohje on kerrassaan nerokas. Sukat pysyvät hienosti ylhäällä ilman kuminauhavirityksiä, koska käännettävän pitsireunuksen alle piiloutuu napakka joustinneuleosuus. Pidän erityisesti kauniista pohjekavennuksista (kuva täällä) ja somasta nirkkoreunasta. Seurasin ohjetta silmukantarkasti (ainoastaan lanka ja puikkokoko poikkeavat ohjeesta), eikä virheitä löytynyt. Hyvä Nancy! Hyvä minä! :-D

The pattern is brilliant. I love the fact that these socks actually stay up really well because of the ribbing (that is cleverly hidden behind the turn-down lacy cuff). I love the beautiful calf shaping (you can see a photo of it here), and I love the pretty picot edge. The pattern was free from mistakes as far as I can tell, and I didn't change a thing other than substitute a different yarn and use a different size needles. Happiness all around! :-D

Highland Schottische Kilt Hose