2007/08/23

Tweedy bird

Muutama päivä täällä…

A few days here…

järvellä

… tekee ihmeitä huiviprojektille! Lankakin riitti.

… and a new shawl is born! And I did have enough yarn!

Swallowtail Shawl

Swallowtail Shawl
by Evelyn A. Clark
Pattern source: Interweave Knits, fall 2006
Yarn: Rowan Rowanspun 4 ply, 2,5 skeins, in shade Slate
Needles: 3,5 mm

Swallowtail Shawl

Tämä on oikein sievä huivi, pidän erityisen paljon noista nyppylöistä. Lankavalinta tekee huivista ehkä vähän arkisen, mutta sekin sopii minulle mainiosti. Tähän mennessä tekemistäni kolmiohuiveista olen eniten pitänyt Felted Tweedistä kutomastani Birchistä. Toivottavasti tästä tulee samanlainen suosikki, Birch-ressu kun on jo vähän nuhjuinen.

This is a pretty shawl. The nupps! The nupps! I love them! The yarn I chose makes the shawl more casual somehow, which I really like. My most worn shawl is hands down my first one, Birch, knitted in Felted Tweed. I'm hoping that this one will prove to be as well liked as it's tweedy (and already a bit shabby) predecessor.

Swallowtail Shawl

Pidin kovasti Rowanspun-langoista, harmi että menivät ne lakkauttamaan. Rowanspun 4 ply sopii ihan mukavasti huivilangaksi, valmis huivi on ihanan kevyt ja lämmin. Miinuksena voisi sanoa, että lanka on aika haurasta. Ei se kutoessa katkeillut, mutta huivia pingottaessa kyllä jännitti. Lopputulos on siis kaunis mutta pieni huivi – pitäisiköhän kutoa toinen vähän paksummasta langasta?

I liked the Rowanspun line, it's a pity that they discontinued it. Rowanspun 4 ply worked well for this pattern, the shawl is super light and warm. The yarn is quite fragile though. It didn't break while knitting, but I was terrified of breaking the yarn when I blocked the shawl. So the result is a nice but quite a small shawl – I'm already thinking about knitting another one, in a thicker yarn.

Swallowtail Shawl

Jonkun tässä taloudessa olisi ehkä syytä ryhtyä ikkunanpesuun…

Hmmm, someone should perhaps wash the windows…