2007/10/27

The end of Socktober

Child's French Sock

Child's French Sock
by Nancy Bush
Pattern source: Knitting Vintage Socks / Nancy Bush
Yarn: Katia Laine Nylon (a gift from my sister; thank you sweetie!)
Needles: 2,5 mm

Child's French Sock

Tämä malli ei aluksi päässyt suosikkilistalleni lainkaan. Knitting Vintage Socks -kirjan sivuilla sukat näyttivät jotenkin sotkuisilta ja omituisilta. Mutta kuten niin monet kirjan sukista, nämäkin näyttävät huomattavasti paljon hauskemmilta jalassa. Staceyn sukat nähtyäni malli pamahti teenjoskus-listalle hetimiten.

When I first leafed through Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks, these socks weren't among my favourites. In fact, I didn't like them at all, they looked somehow messy to me. But like with so many other knitted socks, these look different and much better when worn. I fell in love with Stacey's, and ever since I've wanted a pair of my own.

Child's French Sock

Ja nyt tykkään näistä kovasti! Ohjetta oli jälleen kerran mukava seurata, mitään ei tarvinnut muuttaa. Enkä taida keksiä enää yhtään ylisanaa Nancy Bushista.

And I love them! What a pretty pair of socks! As for the pattern, I didn't change a thing. And I think I've already used all my superlatives for Nancy Bush.



Siinäpä sitten olikin tämä Sukkakuu. Vaikka tämänvuotinen sato on laihanlainen (vain kaksi paria sukkia, joista toinen kokoa lapsi), olen selvästi edistynyt viime vuosiin nähden: vuonna 2005 kudoin yhden parin vauvasukkia, ja viime vuonna ei valmistunut yhtään mitään. Joten hyvä minä. Ja etenkin, hyvä Lolly!

Well, I think that's it for this Socktober. Although I only knit two pairs of socks this time (and another one of those is for a child), I'm definitely improving: in 2005 I knit a pair of baby socks, and last year there were no finished socks at all. So yay me. And yay Lolly!