2008/01/27

Red Monk

Thelonious

Thelonious
by Cookie A
Size: S
Pattern source: Cookie A Knitwear Designs
Yarn: Gjestal Baby Ull, kool-aid dyed
Needles: 2,5 mm

TheloniousThelonious

I'm not as happy with these socks as I hoped to be. Don't get me wrong – it's not the pattern's fault, it's mine. I actually liked the pattern very much, it was enjoyable and interesting to knit, and I didn't find any errors. And I think the socks are pretty. I just chose a wrong yarn for this project. Baby Ull is not really a sock yarn, and it shows, the socks are slouchy and they strech too much when worn. Boo. I also like my socks longer than these. As you can see from the first photo, my feet are big, so longer legs make my feet look smaller, more in proportion somehow.

But, they're done and pretty and ready to be gifted to someone who is not as choosey about her socks as I am. And I get to start a new pair! Believe it or not, my WIP count is down to two. I'm shocked, and desperately missing Nancy again…

Thelonious