2008/03/02

One more for the road

Greenie

Greenie
for the Finnish Red Cross
Pattern: my own
Yarn: leftovers from various projects
Needles: 3 mm and 3,5 mm

Obviously I was not quite done with hats yet. Who knew that hat knitting can be as addictive as knitting socks? And compared to socks, hats have one major advantage: you only need to make one.

Green projects

For this hat I used leftovers from my favourite green projects (from the brim up): Debbie Bliss Merino DK from Wisconsin Winter Scarf, Wetterhoff Sivilla from Ene's Scarf, Ohut Pirkkalanka from Sunrise Circle Jacket and Koigu Premium Merino from Go With the Flow socks, and two shades of turquoise. The lighter is Debbie Bliss Merino DK and the darker is just something found from the stash, unlabeled, so I have no idea what it is, or was, since it's all gone now. Yay for that.

Greenie

I'm happy with this one. I like the colours, and if it was a different shape, I might actually wear it. And hey, there's a thought – I could make a hat that I would wear! Which would be a beret, because that's the only style that looks good on me. Sometimes these things just take time, right?