2008/03/16

She's serving leftovers, again!

The great thing about knitting hats is that you can have a FO or two every week. But alas, I've not been knitting hats, so you'll have to make do with a WIP post instead. So, let's get on with it, shall we?

Meida's Mittens

I've finally cast on for the second Meida's Mitten. I didn't feel like it, at all, but then again, I didn't feel like ripping the first one either. I'm determined to not have any UFO's around here, so it's either ripping or finishing. Luckily I decided to block the first mitten before deciding whether to rip or not, because the stitches evened out so beautifully that I just had to cast on for it's mate. And now I'm quite anxious to get these done.

Garter Ruffle Shawl

My second WIP is this brown blob, formerly known as Wool Peddler's Shawl. I didn't like how the lace edging looked in this yarn, so I'm knitting a simple ruffled edge instead. This is almost done too – I have one ball of Felted Tweed left, and after that's gone, the shawl is ready. No leftovers!

Gentleman's Shooting Stockings

And then there's a Nancy Bush sock, Gentleman's Shooting Stocking from Knitting Vintage Socks, knitted with The Knittery sock yarn that is h e a v e n l y. But quite thin too, so this is a slow-going project.

Only three works-in-progress! Such a good girl I am. But of course, there are plans:

Leftovers from Nancy Bush socks

Stripey socks for Onni, in my favourite colours, all leftovers from Nancy Bush socks. I know that I've been all about using the yarn leftovers and the stash lately – please bare with me. It can't be long before I start buying yarn left and right, so I'll just enjoy this as long as it lasts.

WardWard swatch

Ward, from Heartfelt - The Dark House Collection by Kim Hargreaves. I'm planning on making it longer and with different ribbings. I've been so terribly good and boring that I've even swatched.

And that's enough of this boringness. Next time: a finished object that's not a hat. Promise!