2008/04/21

With and without

Gentleman's Shooting Stockings

Gentleman's Shooting Stockings
by Nancy Bush
Pattern source: Knitting Vintage Socks / Nancy Bush
Yarn: The Knittery 4ply Sock: Merino, in shade chocolate
Needles: 2,25 mm

I've been struggling with blogging lately. I don't know... should I be blogging if the only thing I can think of writing is "I've made two pairs of socks, one with heels and toes, and one without"? Yeah, I don't think so either. But still, here I am.

Yoga Socks

Yoga Socks
by Claire Herne
Pattern source: Yarns International
Yarn: Sock yarn scraps
Needles: 2,5 mm
Modifications: Cast on 60 sts instead of 48

I've been fantasizing about deleting the whole thing. My old entries make me cringe – so much bad writing, especially if I've tried to be funny. (Eww. I'm so sorry about all the bad jokes!) And yes, this is my stupid "no use of trying if you can't be perfect" side kicking in. That same annoying side that made me stop drawing, and playing the piano. Because others do it better. (I'll be 36 this year, shouldn't I know better already? Please don't answer this question.)

Gentleman's Shooting Stockings

But even with having absolutely nothing to say, I still can't bring myself to delete this little blog of mine. Can't live with it, can't live without it I suppose. But if some day my perfectionism takes over, and this blog stops being, I just want to let you know that it survived this long because of you. Thank you all for reading, and commenting, and being such nice people.

And hey, guess what – now I have a whole entry without any real content! Amazing!

Yoga Socks