2008/05/09

Socks. And a contest!

Conwy

Conwy
by Nancy Bush
Pattern source: Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush
Yarn: The Knittery 4ply Sock: Merino Cashmere, in shade midnight
Needles: 2,5 mm


Hey, I'm a cashmere girl after all! What a relief. I may not have enjoyed knitting these socks that much, but wearing these makes it all worth the pain. The stickiness of the yarn and the tightness of my knitting actually made my wrists hurt. Many of you suggested metal dpn's, and I would have tried them, but I don't own any. If something, I'm a bamboo girl, through and through.

Conwy

But yeah, now that the socks are done, I like them very much! They are extremely soft and warm, and they are for my dear aunt, who has knit me many, many socks. She definitely deserves some cashmere goodness.

Knitting Vintage Socks -socks

Lolly asked me whether I've already knit all the Nancy Bush's socks. I'm trying hard, but nope, not even halfway there yet! The Conwys are actually my first socks from Knitting on the Road. Cauchy, the sock queen over at Flickr, is knitting all the socks from Favorite Socks, and I just might copy her and try the same thing with Knitting Vintage Socks. (Although I wouldn't be the first one to do this.) I've knit six pairs so far, and the seventh is on the needles as of yesterday.

I've been thinking about having a blog contest for a while, and finally figured out what to ask. So: would you like guess which pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks I'm knitting now? If you are a sock knitter and a fellow Nancy Bush fan, you can also share your favourite Nancy Bush pattern. If there are more than one correct answer, I'll put the names in a hat and have Onni pick one. His name means luck (happiness too!) in Finnish, so I think it's approriate. :-) The winner gets a yarny prize from my stash. Good luck everyone!