2008/08/03

More holiday crafting

Weaver's Wool Mini Shawl

Weaver's Wool Mini Shawl
by Peggy Pignato
Pattern source: Knitlist
Yarn: Garnstudio Alaska, 5 skeins (45 light green, 44 green, 51 dark green, 50 brown, 6 black
Needles: 7 mm

Weaver's Wool Mini Shawl

I know I've said this million times already, but garter stitch = ultimate knitting bliss. I wanted something mindless to knit during our stay at the cottage, so I went checking my Ravelry queue, and this seemed perfect. The yarn has been in my stash for quite some time now. I had bought it to make a striped scarf, but never got around knitting it. I won't be wearing this as a shawl though, so I guess I got my stripey scarf after all.

Weaver's Wool Mini ShawlWeaver's Wool Mini Shawl

This is a historical post for me, because: another FO!

Jitterbug socks

Jitterbug Socks
Pattern: 60 stitches, toe-up. Short-row toe and heel from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks. Increased 6 stitches for the calf.
The instruction for the Vikkel Braid is from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road (page 69)
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug in Summer Berries + some mystery yarn from the stash for the toes
Needles: 2,5 mm

I now totally get the Jitterbug craze. It's a gorgeous yarn! And I really like this crazy colourway too, especially after I figured out a way to stop the pooling. Just before casting on for these socks, I had tried to knit the Spey Valley socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. They didn't work out (they were too small for me), but I really liked the Vikkel Braids. So, when the Jitterbug started behaving badly, I decided to add some braids, and they worked like magic.

I'm so happy with both of these projects. I hope your knitting's going well too – and if not, may I suggest some garter stitch therapy? Trust me, it works.

Jitterbug socks

More photos of both projects over at Flickr.