2008/09/05

Pretty socks! And one not so.

Country Socks

Country Socks
by Nancy Bush
Pattern source: Folk Socks / Nancy Bush
Yarn: Mama Blue Knitting Goods Simple Merino Sock, shade Lagoon
Needles: 2,25 mm

Country Socks

I'm so very happy with these socks! The pattern in it's simplicity appeals to me so much – I like the clean columns of stockinette with some simple patterning in between. Perfection. And Mama Blue's yarn is gorgeous! I just loved knitting with it. Aren't I lucky to have two more skeins of her yarn in my stash?

Country Socks

I followed the pattern for the most part, just lenghtening the leg by an inch and replacing the star toe with a round one. Did I already say that I like these very very much? And yay, first Christmas gift done! 'Cause you know, there are only 108 days 'til Christmas.

Worn out

Speaking of socks, someone in this household is in dire need of a new pair for the winter. I decided to be thrifty and use the leftovers from my Norwegian Stockings. Didn't work out quite like I imagined though…

New socks for Onni

Not that pretty, eh? And now I can't decide whether to just knit on and have an ugly but perfectly serviceable pair of socks for Onni to wear in his winter boots, or to rip and knit something nice instead. Hmmm. Good thing I have the whole day to make this important decision.