2007/11/17

Comfort Shawl

Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl

Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl
by Sarah Bradberry
Pattern source: Knitting-and.com
Yarn: Handspun, handdyed 100 % wool yarn

Needles: 3,5 mm


Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl

Kuulun yleensä projektineulojien joukkoon (= lopputulos on neuleprosessia tärkeämpi), mutta tällä kertaa neulomisen mukavuus vei voiton. Tätä oli tosi kiva neuloa! Malli on helppo, kuudesta mallineulekerroksesta neljä on ainaoikeaa, joten ohjeen oppi nopeasti ulkoa, ja värien vaihtaminen ilman ennakkosuunnitelmaa oli oikein rentouttavaa. Lisäksi olin kovin tyytyväinen siitä, että kummitädiltäni jo puolitoista vuotta sitten saaduille ihanille langoille löytyi näin mainio ohje.

This shawl was all about the process. I loved knitting this! The pattern is very easy, four of the six rows in the pattern repeat are knit rows, so after a few repeats you don't have to check the pattern anymore. It was fun to change colours without a plan. And I think this was a perfect marriage of yarn and pattern: I was so happy to find a pattern for the beautiful handspun, handdyed yarn my godmother gave me one and a half years ago.

Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl

Mutta kyllä lopputuloskin miellyttää, joten sisäinen projektineulojani on tyytyväinen. Aika kirjavahan tämä on, ainakin kun normaaliin pukeutumiseeni vertaa, mutta mustaan yhdistettynä huivia voisi ehkä käyttää töissäkin… ja varmasti ainakin kotisohvalla, ja pysyä ihanan lämpimänä!

But now that it's done, I like it, and that makes my inner project knitter happy too. It's a lot more colourful than anything I usually wear, but I think it looks quite nice with black. And it is, like the name suggests, very comfortable, so even if I don't end up wearing it in public, I can always wear it at home, and stay very, very warm.

Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl