2008/04/03

Oh the weather outside is… lovely? OH NO!!!

Bark

Bark
by Anna Tillman
Pattern source: Rowan 38
Yarn: Rowan Chunky Print (Native 072, Corinthian 083, Pit 080, Pebble Dash 078) and Rowan Big Wool Tuft (Rugged 058)
Hook: 7 mm

Lovely Bark, finally you're mine! I've loved this pattern ever since I first saw it (I blogged about it here), but since the yarn would've cost a fortune, I never really thought of actually knitting it.

But then I saw this. Ooooh! I assume Ann somehow guessed from my enthusiastic comment that I would love to make one too, so she very kindly offered to buy the yarn for me. Rowan Chunky Print is now discontinued, so it was quite cheap, and some colours were already out of stock. Luckily I was able to get the missing colours as Ravelry trades – thank you so much to both Kandace and Mira for helping me out!

Bark

After I got the yarn, the rest was easy. Crocheting with a size 7 mm hook is super quick and super fun. And I kinda didn't even break my yarn diet: Ann said that since I'll be able to crochet this shawl in no time, it will be as if the yarn itself never existed. She was right: I finished the shawl in three evenings. The yarn didn't even touch my stash. Clever, that Ann.

Bark

Final verdict: I LOVE this shawl. Loved making it, love wearing it. Dear Finnish Spring, don't let me down: please send me one little snowstorm so that I could wear my new shawl at least once before summer. Thank you.

… and if not, I'll just wear my other new neck warmer thingie:

Tudora

Tudora
by Cheryl Marling
Pattern source: Knitty, Winter 2007
Yarn: One strand of Novita Wool and two strands of Knit Picks Shadow, held together
Needles: 4 mm

Another quick'n fun project. Warm, but not overly so. Makes your neck look longer. Really, make one: you'll probably have something suitable in your stash. And you'll get to use your favourite big button. Happy April, everyone!

Tudora