2008/08/20

The hermit holiday

Gone fishing

Oy. Can't believe my holiday is soon over. I'm so good at doing nothing – I've spent the last six weeks doing just that, and I'm not a least bit bored. Two things I love about holidays: I don't have to meet people, and I don't have to wear make-up. I hate hate HATE putting up make-up. Maybe soon I'll be old and courageous enough not to wear any and be the pale ghost that I am.

Dyeings

1. Handarbeitskram by Selana, 2. Yarn Workshop Footscray, 3. Debbie Bliss Merino DK

There have been some productive days too. I've dyed some yarn with food colourings, and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. The two blue skeins were overdyed (the Selana-yarn was grey-blue, and the Debbie Bliss turquoise), but the green one was originally white, and I'm especially happy that I didn't ruin that one!

Baby socks

Baby Socks
Pattern: 48 stitches, top down, short row heel, round toe
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Watercolor, overdyed with food colourings
Needles: 2,25 mm

This made me the happiest though. After dyeing the three skeins above, I still had some dye left, and I decided to overdye what I had left of this yarn. I think it turned out great! I had just enough yarn to knit these little socks for my cousin's new baby. I think I made too many short rows for the heel, but they seemed to fit fine anyway.

(Pardon my dirty pants. I do occasionally change my clothes, even when on holiday.)

Baby socks

I was thinking of saving this next one to another post, but what the heck. You never know when I get the urge to post again, so here:

Bark #2

Bark #2
by Anna Tillman
Pattern source: Rowan 38
Yarn: Rowan Chunky Print (2 x Native 072, 0,5 x Corinthian 083, 0,5 x Pit 080), Rowan Kid Classic (2 x Thyme 826) and Rowan Big Wool Tuft (1,5 x Rugged 058)
Hook: 7 mm

Yes, another! I used the leftovers from the first one + two skeins of Rowan Kid Classic in shade Thyme, held doubled. I was gonna give this to my sister, but now that it's done, I might even like this one better. I've started a third one (which makes me barking mad eh?), but I'm not quite sure about the colours I chose so I might rip back and start again.

Bark #2

Here's a photo of the overall shape. It's not symmetric, which made me doubt my pattern reading skills when I did the first one. But the second one turned out to be the exact same shape, so I guess that's the way it should be.

And last, thanks so much for all the lovely comments on my previous post, they really are appreciated!