2009/01/20

Let's get this sock year started

Loksins!

Loksins!
by Cassie Thoreson
Pattern source: Too Much Wool
Yarn: Koigu Premium Merino, shade 4000
Needles: 2,5 mm

Loksins!

Mmm, Koigu... don't these socks look delicious enough to eat? I love Koigu. Our affair started with my very first pair of adult socks, knitted almost exactly three years ago. (The yarn for those first socks was sent to me by Cassie, who is the designer of these socks.) This is my fourth pair using Koigu, and our love is still going strong. I could even go as far as declaring that it is my favourite sock yarn.

Loksins!

I think these are definitely among the prettiest socks I've knit. I just love how the stocking stitch panel looks with the pretty little cables and the lace pattern. I also like how there's no cuff – it makes the socks look more delicate. The only modification I made was to add two pattern repeats to the leg. I guess I wanted to live dangerously, because I was well aware of Koigu's skimpy yardage. Luckily I had just enough, with almost no leftovers.

Loksins!

So, all in all, a good start for 2009! More to come soon, because I've been a busy little knitter, and I have three more FO's just waiting to be blogged. Happy knitting to all!